This manicure started with a couple designs I created on a wheel, here is one of them. Since I have
exactly ZERO limited drawing skills, my nail art tool of choice is my set of Mash 5×2 tool set. I think these tools pack a good bang for the buck. It’s amazing to see what can be done with just dots, seriously. When looking for images/ideas of things to do with them I was amazed by the creativity and variety of designs that can be created with these simple tools.
Here are the colors I used.
- Delaunay by Julep (Trina Turk Fall ’12 Collection) – chili pepper red crème
- Riveting by China Glaze (Hunger Games Collection) – vibrant orange with a gold shimmer
- Alma by Julep (Trina Turk Fall ’12 Collection – dijon yellow crème
- Feelin’ Froggy by Cult Nails – muted kelly green crème with a bright green shimmer
- Taylor by Julep – a deep, sky blue crème
My nails are a bit shorter than the nails on the wheel, so I adjusted the design a bit.
Here is a close up of the accent nail.
I would have done the entire manicure with these dots (and should have made the base red dot smaller), but I was short on time as that day I was heading to a birthday dinner at Shady Maple Smorgasbord and didn’t leave enough time for my nails. I know, I know <smacking own hand>. I will try and not let it happen again. But it’s Shady Maple! A cornucopia of PA Dutch delights mixed in with just about every other mouth-wateringly delicious thing you can think of. And all you can eat of them all! I wasn’t thinking clearly.
Thanks for reading – I hope you all are having a great week!